Hey guys, welcome to Ankitha Gadag Recipes!
This recipe gives me life, seriously. It’s the perfect weeknight entree or side and it’s great for getting rid of those veggies in the back of your fridge, going bad. You can throw anything you like in there, I chose to stick with the basics – bell peppers, broccoli and jalapeno peppers.
I am going to let you all in on a little secret. The secret to a great Asian-inspired stir fry lies in 4 basic ingredients – soy sauce (duh), rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, and sesame seed oil. These 4 ingredients paired together can make any stir-fry taste uhhhhmazing. For more Thai style dishes, I always mix in some fresh Thai basil leaves. You can learn more about my obsession with them from one of my previous posts here.
Without further ado…
- 1 lb Chicken breasts (cut against the grain, into strips – this is important!!)
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers (thinly sliced)
- Veggies of your choice (broccoli, bell peppers)
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger scraped
- fish sauce ( few splashes )
- rice wine vinegar ( few splashes)
- sesame seed oil (few splashes)
- soy sauce (1 cup)
- lightly dusted Arrowroot Starch
- S & P
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- thai basil leaves (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Pat chicken breasts dry, cut against grain into strips. Add S&P and dust with arrowroot starch
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, fish sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame seed oil
- Warm a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the chicken and stir–fry for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the veggies and cook an additional 5 mins.
- Whisk the sauce once more and pour it into the pan. Bring liquid to a boil and let simmer until it reduces by half, about 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the basil and cook until it is just wilted.
- Serve immediately.
For step by step deets, check the video below:
As always, thanks for watching. See y’all next time.