“Cake, Cake, Cake Cake….”
“Lemme get that pound cake”
From Rappers to Pop Singers, everybody loves them some cake. This lime pound cake is the perfect light desert after dinner or for a quick sweet bite with your morning coffee/tea. (I love dipping pound cake into a cup of hot coffee for a slight coffee cake flavor)
What I loved about this cake is all in the drizzle. It incorporates Tito’s Lemon vodka for a sweet yet tart frosting. It’s sweet but not overwhelming, zesty in all the right ways and moist with every bite. Guaranteed to be an intoxicating hit for your next dinner party or an indulging weekend with yourself.
On to the recipe!
For the cake:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium lime (about 1 packed tablespoon)
For the frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon vodka
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon.
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Coat your favorite pan with a spray or butter down.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to break up any lumps; set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter at medium speed until creamy and smooth, about 1 minute. Add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes more. (Stop the mixer to scrape down the sides occasionally.) Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in two additions, mixing each until just incorporated. (Do not overmix, or your cake will be tough.) With a rubber spatula, fold in lime zest. Spread batter into the prepared pan and place in the oven.
- Bake until top of cake is puffed and golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 to 70 minutes.
- Combine the powdered sugar, lemon vodka, lemon juice and lemon zest, until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove cake from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from the pan. Stir lime glaze again, then brush top of cake with glaze (use it all). Cool completely before serving.