This creamy drink, made with organic ingredients is perfect for the wintertime !
Choosing a winter beverage that is not too sweet or too heavy was a challenge I invited with open arms. As much as I love the traditional egg nog, kahlua, or rum chata cocktails, I have found that I cannot have more than one. Enter the Pisco Sour!
Pisco is a Peruvian brandy. The sour come from the organic fresh lime juice. The addition of egg white makes this drink creamy and frothy without a zillion empty calories. Best of both worlds? I think so!
I start off making a simple syrup with all organic cane sugar. Don’t be intimidated by this simple step – I PROMISE it’s easy. Not to mention, it can save you a few dollars AND help avoid a high-fructose corn syrup sold as “simple” syrup in stores (eye roll)
What you need:
- 3 oz Pisco
- 3 dashes of bitters of your choice
- 1 Organic egg white
- 1 oz Organic simple syrup
- 1 oz lime juice
- *1 cup Organic Cane Sugar & 1 cup water
*used for simple syrup
Organic Simple Syrup:
- Over medium-low heat slowly boil 1 cup cane sugar and 1 cup water (be careful to not let it burn
- Once the sugar has dissolved and reached a semi-thick consistency, turn of heat and cool
- Carefully add egg white into shaker with handful of ice. Shake vigorously. (Dry shaking allows for a thicker foam)
- Add in simple syrup, pisco, and lime juice
- Add 3 more ice cubes and shake vigorously
- With a strainer pour drink into fancy glasses
- The foam should naturally rise to the top. Add in your bitters now. You can also create patterns on your foam if you choose.
One thought on “Organic Pisco Sour”