Welcome back to Ankitha Gadag Recipes! Today, I am excited to share one of my favorite soup recipes – a tortilla soup that can be enjoyed all year around. I know some people might disagree about soup being a year around staple, but when it takes 5 mins to make after a long day at work, you will see my perspective. This soup has all the kick thanks to the southwestern flavors while providing you with loads of nutrition from the veggie base. It’s delicious, it’s easy, it’s flavorful!
Let’s get started!
What you will need :
- 1 celery stick
- 1 carrot
- 1 tomato
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4th of an onion
- bouillon cube or 1 tbsp of better than bouillon stock
- Blend it up Southwest Spiceblend or taco seasoning
- handful of tortilla chips (crumbled)
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- filtered water (2 cups approximately)
- Add all ingredients except half of the tomato, tortilla chips, and spinach into your Vitamix or blender of choice
- Add in water, if you are not using a Vitamix please make sure you are using hot water
- In Vitamix, change to soup setting or blend for at least 10 mins
- Add in remaining ingredients and pulse gently for a few seconds
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe, it’s one of my favorites. For a fun step by step tutorial check out my video snap below!
Light, refreshing and creamy with cool flavors from mint and dill
You don’t normally think of soups in the summertime, especially not in Texas. However, this COLD cucumber and avocado soup hits the spot with its refreshing ingredients. It’s creamy, with a slight heat from the garlic & serrano. It gets layers of flavor from the fresh dill and mint. Contrary to traditional hot soups, this chilled soup is absolutely delightful on a hot summer afternoon on the patio (margaritas recommended).
I was inspired to create this soup when a friend put me up to a food challenge. Her criterion was “cucumbers” and “chilled.” This was out of my comfort zone. Normally, my recipes pack heat from various spices and they normally involve a protein of some form. This was such a fun challenge, because it was so easy to make with relatively few ingredients that I would never think of combining. More than likely, most of these ingredients are already in your fridge.
Anyways, give it a shot (before the summer ends!), and let me know how it turns out 🙂
You will need:
- 1 avocado
- 1 serrano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 english cucumber (peeled)
- fresh mint (1 bunch)
- fresh dill (1 bunch)
- 1 1/3 cups sour cream
- 1 1/3 cups greek yogurt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Combine all ingredients above in your blender.
- Puree to a fine, creamy texture
- Add salt, black pepper to taste. I topped off with some smoked paprika for a little kick 🙂
That’s it! Easy peeezzyyyy 🙂
Let me know how it turns out, would love to hear from you!