Welcome back to Ankitha Gadag Recipes, home of authentic, exotic recipes curated by yours truly – Ankitha Gadag. For all you first timers to the blog, thank you for visiting. I hope you find a recipe that will help you fall in love with food as much as I have! Today’s recipe is an Asian inspired dish, that would work best as a side to a delicious Thai/Chinese/Japanese entree. I personally paired it with Pad-Ka-Prow (recipe coming soon!) a street-side northern Thai dish, and the flavors blended perfectly.
This was actually my first attempt at cooking bok-choy. It is one of those vegetables that is really difficult to mess up. It soaks up all the flavors of the marinade wonderfully. Plus, with only 3 ingredients making this recipe, it is SO EASY to make! It’s great for a week night dinner after a long day, when you don’t want to spend more than 10 minutes whipping up dinner.
Alright, without further ado…
- 2 baby bok-choy (cut in half, length-wise)
- soy sauce (2 tbsp)
- rice wine vinegar (2 tbsp)
- sesame seed oil (2 tbsp)
- garlic (1-2 cloves)
- Heat up some oil in a pan, flavor the oil with your crushed garlic cloves
- Add your cut bok-choy into the pan face down, and cover for 2-3 mins.
- Now prepare your marinade, using the sauces from the ingredients
- Add marinade to your pan and saute together for about 1-2 mins
How easy is that? 5 steps, 3 ingredients. Give it a try and let me know what you think!