How to make your own jalapeno infused watermelon margaritas from scratch. If alcohol could be healthy, this recipe would be it. With no added sugar and packed with Vitamin C from the fresh juices, this drink takes away the guilt of drinking.
This recipe is inspired by a friend who shares my passion for creativity and making the most of all natural ingredients. Mixology to me, is more than just making great tasting drinks that subdue the harshness of the alcohol. To me, it’s an art, experimenting with delicate floral notes, or using a complementary alcohol to enhance the flavor profile of a fruit. There’s nothing I appreciate more than a well made drink that isn’t full of additives, preservatives, coloring, and high-fructose corn syrup. With that said, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do… and drink with caution, they will sneak up on you.
- 1 ripe watermelon
- 1 bag of limes ( you will use 1 full lime per drink)
- jalapeno-infused tequila ( you can make this at home, recipe for this coming soon)
- your favorite Orange Liqueur
- your favorite Silver Tequila
Salt- rim ingredients:
- lime zest
- salt of your choice (i prefer a sea salt or himalayan pink salt)
- paprika or pepper of your choice ( i prefer a smoked paprika)
- Use your blender to puree the watermelon and make watermelon juice. Use a large sieve to filter out the pulp.
2.Once you have a pitcher of fresh watermelon juice, you are ready to start your drink.
Pro-tip: Start by rimming your glass with your salt-zest mix
3. Add juice of 1 lime in a glass
4. Add 1/2 oz (this is about half a shot) of jalapeno-infused tequila
5. Add 1 oz (this is 1 shot) of regular silver tequila of your choice
6. Add 3/4 th oz of orange liqueur
7. Add the watermelon juice, as for your taste
8. Add ice & stir