Looking for the perfect recipe this fall to warm up your soul? Well, you’ve come to the right place at Ankitha Gadag recipes. This chicken tortilla-less soup is healthy, hearty, and complete with all the southwestern flavors that this Texan loves (still feels super weird calling myself a Texan).
I have been making this for ages, and it comes together in one pot. The key for me here was ease – this is something you can serve yourself or family during the week after a long work day. This has been my go to meal prep dish simply because I can dump all the ingredients into a pot and forget about it!
Well let’s get to it, shall we?
1 lb chicken breasts
1 16 oz box of chicken stock
1 can of black beans
1 tbsp garlic
2 tbsp taco seasoning
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp cumin powder
1 can of green chillies
1 jar of your favorite salsa ( i used kylitos roasted garlic)
1 bell pepper
1 bag of frozen corn (small)
frozen veggies (your choice and completely optional)
shredded cabbage (optional)
s&p to taste
- Start by chopping your vegetables
- Lay all vegetables you are using in the instant pot and add chicken breasts on top
- Add in your salsa, green chillies, spices, and broth. Stir
- Pressure cook on High for 6 mins
- Remove chicken breasts after slow release for roughly 8 -10 mins and add back into pot
- Add in can of beans and the corn and turn your instant pot back on in sauté function on low. Cook for roughly 5 mins
- Serve with any fun garnishes: lime juice, cilantro, shredded cabbage, pepper jack cheese, sour cream… you’re the boss 😉
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!