Welcome back to Ankitha Gadag Recipes! Today, I am excited to share one of my favorite soup recipes – a tortilla soup that can be enjoyed all year around. I know some people might disagree about soup being a year around staple, but when it takes 5 mins to make after a long day at work, you will see my perspective. This soup has all the kick thanks to the southwestern flavors while providing you with loads of nutrition from the veggie base. It’s delicious, it’s easy, it’s flavorful!
Let’s get started!
What you will need :
- 1 celery stick
- 1 carrot
- 1 tomato
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4th of an onion
- bouillon cube or 1 tbsp of better than bouillon stock
- Blend it up Southwest Spiceblend or taco seasoning
- handful of tortilla chips (crumbled)
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- filtered water (2 cups approximately)
- Add all ingredients except half of the tomato, tortilla chips, and spinach into your Vitamix or blender of choice
- Add in water, if you are not using a Vitamix please make sure you are using hot water
- In Vitamix, change to soup setting or blend for at least 10 mins
- Add in remaining ingredients and pulse gently for a few seconds
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe, it’s one of my favorites. For a fun step by step tutorial check out my video snap below!